Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14...Mickey Mouse...

Malissa as Mickey Mouse
 This is my Mickey Mouse Collection.  I've been collecting over 20 years.  I haven't purchased too much lately since I'm running out of room.  Mainly baby toys as I did purchase and received quite a bit when the kids were babies.
Mickey Mouse and my Dad have the same Birth year...So to me that is quite special.  The day my Dad passed away my oldest son R.J was in Florida on his Senior Trip and was feeling bad/sad so he called up Randy(Dad) and asked if he could purchase this for me....
It's about 2 feet tall.  I love him.  He is one of only 200 made.  I was so surprised to see this when he brought all the way home from Florida on a plane.
So here is a lil brief History on this famous Mouse!
Mickey Mouse is arguably the most famous of the Disney cartoon characters.Walt Disney designed the character while riding on a train back to Los Angeles with his wife Lillian. After completing his sketch, Walt showed it to Lillian and said his name was Mortimer Mouse. Lillian did not like the name and suggested Mickey Mouse. And so was the birth of Mickey Mouse making his debut in "Steamboat Willie" at the Colony Theatre in New York City on November 18, 1928, Mickey went on to star in over 120 different cartoons. He also starred in "The Mickey Mouse Club" television show of the 1950s.
 The Mickey Mouse of today appears much as he did in the early days with the exception of a costume change here and there.
Mickey Mouse has appeared on thousands of merchandise items, and currently holds the esteemed title of Chief Greeter at the Disney theme parks.

Mickey Mouse's favorite sayings are: "Gosh!" "Oh boy!" "That sure is swell!" "Aw, gee..." "See ya soon!"
Arithmetic is being able to count up to twenty without taking off your shoes.
~ Mickey Mouse

No comments: