Monday, April 6, 2009

Memories Express is Featured...

That is correct. I was so excited when I received an email from Tracey Clark over at http://www.traceyclark.com/ and http://www.shuttersisters.com/ informing me that my blog is named in the blog roll. Click HERE to see me and others on this weeks list.

This week topic is "authentic". There is nothing more authentic then the town I live in. It is the only one in the world. Primghar was settled in the fall of 1872. Its name is an acronym derived from the names of eight early settlers who laid out the town.


The only Primghar in the World

Pumphrey, the treasurer, drives the first nail

Roberts, the donor, is quick on the trail

Inman dips slightly, the first letter in,

McCormack adds M, which makes a full PRIM

Green, thinking of groceries, gives the G

Hayes drops the H without asking a fee,

Albright, the joker, with his jokes all at par

Rerick brings up the rear and crowns all

PRIMGHAR

Author unknown.

So I also choose to feature a picture of a tree in my backyard. The sky is such a pretty blue today but the wind is FIERCE. It is cold out there. So with it being Spring I wanted to show the sky and dream of 60-70 degree weather.

I edited the picture below with Corel and just added a border/frame and the date.

2 comments:

Cara said...

The blue of the sky is amazing. From the picture it looks like a pretty big tree.

Anonymous said...

I love that!